The below is posted at the request of Lindy Bess.;
Lunalilo Home in Hawaii Kai is having a Kalua benefit for 2019 Thanksgiving; I'm trying it out this year. To reserve, call 808-395-1000 ext 223. Drop off meat Weds 5-6pm, pick up Thanksgiving Day 9-10AM.
" Have your Thanksgiving meal baked Hawaiian “kalua” style in an imu, where all of the succulent flavors combined with a slight hint of smoke evokes an over the top tasty experience.
Lunalilo Home will be hosting another imu for your Thanksgiving needs.
- Feel free to kalua whatever your heart desires:
(1) Turkey, (1) Ham, or (2) Pork Butts
- NO frozen items and NO stuffed turkeys
- Each item must be wrapped with heavy duty foil
- Masking tape cross length and width to keep the foil tight
- Tie your imu item 2 times like a gift with 1” cotton string
- Cost $25
- NO PANS
- For a $5 fee, if you show up without tape or string there will be a wrapping tent/table to assist you with this.
- If your item is in a pan or not wrapped well (a leg is sticking out), you will be asked to re-wrap it at the wrapping tent/table
- Remember to bring a pan, cooler or plastic bag to contain the juices at pick up.
For an additional $75 make it an “ONO SIZE” meal!
3 pounds Kalo Stuffing
4 pounds `ono Turkey Gravy
12 Poi Biscuits
4 pounds of Waiahole white or Moloka`i gold mashed `uala
(*depending on availability)"